15 December 2009

Reading material

Sam is a big fan of meter and tone. Jen and Josh have him hooked on the Chinese phrasebook. Sam likes to play with his blocks while Jen or Josh read to him in Mandarin. I don't see the attraction, of course. Why read when you can be out in the wild. Just the other night - the coldest night of the year so far, in fact - I stayed out till late. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that it was partly to punish Jen for being too liberal with the squirt gun. She was worried when I didn't come in when she called. Yup, I was watching.

Sam is also a big fan of cookbooks. He pulls them off the shelves. His favorites are this America's Test Kitchen, a Detox diet guide, and the Vegetarian Baby. Jen doesn't like it when he pulls the magazines down. I keep telling her to do what I do when she doesn't like something: scratch him. He has a nice scab down his hand today because of a little kitty discipline. Kid's gotta learn.

No comments: