29 July 2009

Retrospective I

Since Sam just turned one, I thought I would do a little retrospective. I'll go back to the beginning, eventually. As we can see in this shot, it was late January, and that makes Sam six months old. He was still in what I think was my favorite stage: interactive, but staying put. I was able to waltz around him, lie down near him. I was already confined to the utility room because of the pee incident, but I would say things were good.
Ah, yes, the not-quite-upright stage.
I believe this is March. He still has his spiky hair that everyone thought was sooooo cool. I kept trying to get close enough to lick it down.
May - Mother's Day. I could fit in the baggage tray, you know. But no one asked me to go on a walk that morning.

Finally, July. Jen got a little loose here and actually let Sam get yogurt all over his hands, face, and a bit in his hair. I think it's disgusting.

2 comments:

nana said...

Rufus - You're calm days are numbered once Sam starts walking on his hind legs! Better keep your ears open for the pitter patter of little paws.

Rufus the Cat said...

Don't I know it. He gets around just fine on all fours - look at me. I've noticed that humans have figured out how to move quickly on two legs. Got to keep my wits about me.