03 July 2009

Filler

I have so much to discuss, but no photos to back myself up. So I thought I would throw in some filler. This shot is from Josh's birthday - June 11. Sam was decked out. Sam was allowed to play with these advanced chocking-cum-hanging hazards because our time at 121 was short.
I thought this was appropriate as one of the last images from 121. Me, in my glory on the straw bag; Jen's garden in the background; and, yes, the child in the foreground.

Tiny photo from Nana. Jen was able to clean and organize for the move only because of Nana's presence. I don't know what she did, though, I was clearly the one watching Sam.

Nana said that there was competition in my new neighborhood. I have been let outside and the yard is glorious. There are a few dogs around, but I'll just avoid those yards. I haven't met any felines, however. I did see something rather unfortunate this morning: potential competition was hit by a car on our new street! Chilling. Jen was hysterical and forbade me from going into the front yard. Josh reminded her that I already survived (and thrived!) on 19th Ave. E, and 29th Ave. E - both of which saw fast cars on a moment-by-moment basis. I'll be fine, people.

2 comments:

nana said...

OMG how traumatic to see a feline that has been hit by a car in your new hood. Be careful Rufus. Was it the black cat I saw in your back yard?

Rufus the Cat said...

This cat was more calico that strictly black. The next day I saw signs up for a "missing cat," whom I think was the dead one. Sad.

I haven't seen a black cat and hope not to.