27 July 2011

Bath time


No no no. I already went through this with Sam. His case is totally lost. I roll in dirt, too, but I still find water to be unnecessary. Sheesh.

A bath need be nothing more than a thorough licking. I really thought Jen and Josh were going for the feline bath routine with Teddy, at least. I mean, Jen did wait a whole month before giving Teddy his first real bath. It was spot cleaning before that. She had to use washcloths because her tongue raspiness has decreased over the years, of course, but she was clearly taking a feline approach. I don't know what prompted the partial submersion and the soap, of all things. Teddy was developing a very nice funk that is now ruined. He even had some stinky buildup under his arms.

All cats know that we need scent to be identified. Now Teddy smells like Johnson and Johnson! People talk about "new baby" smell. I think they really mean funk - unwashed, spot-cleaned funk. And Teddy's is now gone.

No comments: