We all got two Christmases this year. First, the Sorensons came up the weekend before Christmas - you remember - I got to sleep in the warm room. Merry Xmas to Rufus. Then, we had Christmas a week later with Grammy and the Shiers. It was merry for me because everyone left the house and went to Olympia. That means I got to traipse around town all day and well into the night. I wasn't embarrassed around 8pm, as I usually am by someone calling my name. Gosh.
Sam also had a good season, doubling his booty with the two Christmases. He got a band in a box. Cousin Amy wanted to make sure that Sam can freely express himself musically, if he so chooses. Jen keeps trying to instruct Sam in how to use the instruments (why?!), but he likes to put everything back in the drum and carry it around saying, "heavy, heavy."

Part of his Santa take was a recycling truck. Times are changing! No garbage truck. No no. Recycling! With a multicultural crew! The truck even collects yard waste.

I am a big fan of Mr. Potato Head. I like to bat around his ears best.
This gift perhaps best shows my influence over Sam. There is nothing in that box - well, the doll is no longer in the box, but Sam continues to play with it. He was shoving paper inside and pulling it out. He threw the box, too. All that was left was to use his hindies to bat it around the room. Good boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment