21 August 2011

More Rules


This is the punishment for breaking the various noise rules in the house.

And more rules have been added. The need for the additions arises from Sam's schooling, oddly enough. Apparently, when kids hang out together, they get mischievous. I already see enough mischief when just Sam is around. The thought of a daycare situation terrifies me. Sam exacerbates our growing rule problem by running with the wrong crowd at school; I think I mentioned this before. Henry is a bad influence.

Let's review.
1. No vomiting noises (old rule)
2. No choking sounds (also old)
New:
3. No gun noises in the house.
4. No fighting noises in the house.
Evidently, at school the kids get to play guns outside as long as no one is shot. I guess they aim into the air, like at an Iraqi wedding.

Jen is about to add two more:
5. No saying "Huh?" to Mommy and Daddy.
6. No imitating Mommy's frustrated growl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about bows and arrows???

Rufus the Cat said...

Interesting thought. I think bows and arrows would be more Montessori than guns. I will tell Jen to suggest the substitution at school.