27 April 2009

Vicissitudes

Life is so complicated. Take the garden. Jen planted these great crops - she wasn't going to see the inside of a grocery store this summer. Then we get word this weekend that the owners - sneaky bastards - are planning to sell the house. Now what does she do? I say, salt the earth! Like the Punic Wars! Nothing will grow for 100 years! We'll show them.  
Jen gets to take the pansies with her. These are actually from last year. Annuals my furry butt!
Jen, Josh and Sam went away this weekend. I think they had a fabulous time, but what's even better is that I had a fabulous time. Why, you ask? Because they left the cat door open! Open! I didn't even come home Saturday night ... I mean, I did, and then discovered that I could go right back out, so that's what I did. I'll miss this neighborhood - awesome night life. 
In other sad news, Sam seems to be allergic to me. Jen thought it was perhaps a grass allergy, since Sam sneezes when Jen mows the lawn. But I let him rub his face in my fur this morning, and the above happened: red blotches. 

So it looks like Sam has to go back. Apparently, Josh and Jen bought him from a wood nymph. I'll miss him.  

No comments: