30 March 2009

Spring time

Spring is here and everyone is going a little crazy. Sam, here dressed as a green bear, has a new stroller which affords him a novel vantage point. Previously, he gazed only into Jen's face while on walks; now, he sees the world. A boy after my own heart, he seems to be partial to birds.
I was so excited that I climbed this tree. It's usually full of robins that defecate on Jen's car. Hm, I wonder where they went. Shortly after this photo was taken, I got into a little fight. You all remember my puffy cheek, right? Well, it's not puffy; it's just raw, bloody and scabby. No biggy! It's spring!
It's bear hunting season, so Sam is preparing.
Sam is all about being upright these days. Although he still likes to buff the floors with his tummy, Sam loves to practice walking and pulling up. He also demonstrates a newfound exuberance for me when I walk in the room. This is touching and frightening at the same time.  

Jen is teaching Sam to share. I'm not so sure about this lesson. I mean, it's just me and Sam - and I certainly don't want to play with his things. Bad things can come from sharing. For example, if I share my yard with Sophie, the black a and white cat from around the corner, pretty soon Mittens and Old Blue are showing up looking for a patch of sunlight and some conversation. Before you know it, you're arguing over the global financial crisis and you have a drain in your cheek and you're locked in the utility room. It's a slippery slope and I'm just saying that it might be best to nip this in the bud and teach Sam a little self-preservation.  

No comments: