20 March 2009

High chair shenanigans

Is Shenanigan a town in Wisconsin? Sounds like it could be. 
Sam is clearly showing everyone that he wants to sit in a normal chair. This is the chair I hopped onto last night, but, kind of like gambling, I didn't know when to just stop. I decided that if I could get the chair okay, perhaps I could crawl under the covers of Jen and Josh's bed. 
Sam likes to turn his head right when the spoon starts to enter his mouth. I told him he should use his pockets if he wants to save some for later. He is also a fan of the grab - as in, someone is trying to get him to take another bite and the person is leaning forward and focusing on his mouth when, bam! a hand comes out of nowhere and grabs the business end of the spoon, getting sweet potato everywhere. 
The kid is going to get a serious God complex with all this spotlight. Sam is manhandling his "man," appropriately. Jen has informed him that this man is from the Middle Ages and is wearing a tunic, i.e. he is not a cross-dresser in a dress and bonnet.

Yes, that is another apple core. Don't worry! Jen carefully removes all the peel and the seeds and the little spiky, former flower part on the end (there is probably one word for that part, but I'm a cat). Sam always seems more interested in what Jen is eating than his own purees, so Jen has taken to giving him things such as pea-potato puree (with butter, cream, salt and pepper!) and pasta (with tomato-meat sauce!). And then she's all freaky about dairy because of Sam's occasional bouts with eczema. I know what it is to be on a special diet, so Sam should be happy that he gets table scraps. 

No comments: