24 June 2010

Indulgent Parenting

I've been warning them for a long time. You can't just let your kid run your life. Like everything has to change just because you have a child? No. You continue on your merry way and simply squeeze them in where appropriate. You certainly don't let them drive or even play in the car, first of all, before they are of age.
Second, you don't give them full, unfettered access to the internet where they supposedly watch Elmo. Alone. In a hotel room. Yeah, right.

And I can tell you from experience that you don't let them climb all over the furniture to wreak havoc on it and everything in reach.
You heard what happened on the flight back from Decatur, didn't you? Sam scratched the crap out of both Jen and Josh's faces. Seems he was overtired after a couple days without a quality nap. I am pleased because Sam used his claws and therefore his feline training, but I am also dismayed because Jen and Josh continue to learn nothing about parenting from these unfortunate events. This was Jen's second time being mauled and I am still the only child confined to the utility room? No way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the sunglasses. It is so him

Nana